Date(s) - 03/26/2013
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Pre-Roundtable workshop on Mentor-Protégé vs. Joint Venture discussion led by Gregory James, Director, Cross Timbers Procurement Center of the University of Texas and Steven Koprince, partner, Petefish, Immel, Heeb & Hird, from Lawrence, Kansas.
This workshop is designed to give the attendees an “overview” of the current rules and regulations that will be discussed in depth on March 27th and 28th at the Region 6 Roundtable.
Workshop Questions to be discussed:
(1) What are mentor-protege programs?
(3) What are the differences between agencies’ mentor-protege programs?
(4) Who qualifies as a mentor and as a protege for federal mentor-protege programs?
(5) As a protege, what are the benefits of participating in a mentor-protege program?
(6) Why would a mentor participate in a mentor-protege program? What are the benefits?
(7) What is the process for applying to a mentor-protege program?
(8) How long may I participate in a mentor-protege program?
(9) Can I joint venture with my mentor for set-aside procurements?
(10) What kind of oversight attaches to mentor-protege programs? Are there penalties for non-compliance?
In addition each attendee will receive a copy of “Small-Business Guide to Government Contracts-How to Comply with the Key Rules and Regulations and Avoid Terminated Agreements, Fines, or Worse” written by Steven Koprince.